The first week of this has been, unexpectedly, a success! Admittedly I didn’t write enough goals to really stretch myself, but then, writing too many for the sake of it would be a demoralising waste of time, so it’s swings and roundabouts.
It’s hard to achieve a work-life balance sometimes when work is constantly shifting goalposts and life likes to bite me in the arse, so I think I’ll stick with the narrow goals and hope one day I can stretch to expansive, demanding ones that won’t then result in a breakdown. You’d think it wouldn’t take me so long to know my limitations, but there we go. I’m not a fast learner.
This year I’m also going to try to remember to start adding content to Patreon again. It’s a bit difficult because I don’t think there’s really anything I can imagine anyone wanting to pay for, so I guess I’ll have to try to figure that out somehow. I’d say it’ll be a challenge, but it’s not one I’m willing to add to the to-do list yet!
- Finish the first chapter of the Singer/Songwriter story.
- Start the second chapter of the Singer/Songwriter story (see what I’m doing there?).
- Try to brainstorm some potential names rather than keep calling it ‘the Singer/Songwriter story’.
Short list again for the week.
- Start The Ritual by Adam Nevill. I’d wanted to see the film, since I like the actors in it, but apparently the book’s better (when isn’t it?) so I’ll read that first.
- Finish felting the little strawberry Shiba Inu I started last week. I’m not good at felting, but I really enjoy stabbing things repeatedly.
- Actually draw a sketch of Marcus this week.
- 26.5 hours of day job this week. We’ll see what that looks like by next Sunday.