It’s been a week that feels a little like swimming through treacle. Time has gone quickly and at the same time had much the same feeling of pace to it as the average garden snail on a particularly aimless day. I’d say I need a holiday, but aside from the fact it’s only January, I think we all know what I won’t get to have at any point in the foreseeable future…
- I did indeed finish the second chapter of the Singer/Songwriter story.
- And I have indeed started the third chapter of the Singer/Songwriter story, although progress is slow because Life.
- I came up with… well, all of one name so far, but it’s one name more than I had at the start of the week.
- I haven’t finished the book yet. In part I haven’t had time because of work, everything I have to do at home and trying to write, and in part because it feels like a very long book…
- There’s been a little progress on the playlist, but not by much. I’ve enjoyed listening to lots of different music though, and adding things I particularly enjoyed to my likes to re-listen for suitability later.
- I did actually manage the picture of Marcus! It came out not as hideously as I’d expected it to be when I started. (I also discovered at a very inopportune time I only have one white-fleshtone Kurecolor marker, so I should have probably done it with Copics instead…)
- 47 hours of day job this week. The reason I’m tracking this is that we had an Edict at the end of last year about how everyone should only be working 40 hours in order to maintain a Good Work-Life Balance, and thus no one would be allowed to pick up any shifts beyond this without manager approval. …But I don’t pick up shifts. A Good Work-Life Balance is only if they’re not desperate to fill out shifts, apparently.
- I finally managed to boot up my desktop! …And the day after, there was another fucking Windows Update and I’ve not been able to start it again since. Thanks, Windows.