Somehow February has already started to feel long, and that’s before we get to the extra day. The RSI of doom has returned, and appears to be carpal tunnel instead (numbness in fingers and I keep dropping things and getting angry with myself). Wrist braces everywhere. I found an old blog post where I talked about the symptoms I’d had before; I’d actually forgotten it’d become so bad, to the point where my thumb was going numb and I had pain all the way up to the elbow.
Wrist braces are a pain in the backside to wear, but I don’t want things to become that bad again, so I’ve had to go back to wearing one all the time as well as changing the way I sit when I’m working. Hopefully I can get things as fixed as they’re likely to get soon…
At least it’s the incessant click-click-click since my day job is very mouse-heavy, and it’s not writing that’s the problem… Now it’d just be nice to get some time to actually do some.
- Finish chapter 3 of Singer/Songwriter for real this week. (Work allowing.)
- Start chapter 4?
- Really could do with a few more titles, before the only one I have sticks by mistake.
- Start the Twitter hashtag games I want to play for the month. This month they’re: #LGBTWIP, #aNovelRomance, #LGBTQwrites and #SmoreWords. I have a hell of a time keeping up with even one or two, so this should be interesting…
- Work, home and inspiration allowing, maybe start on an idea for the Story-Bat Valentines Wordfest, which has an interesting prompt this year.
- Actually finish the book, fingers crossed.
- 44 hours of work this week. (Already starting 4 hours above the cap…)
- Find the time to reboot the Virgin Media hub, since we’re getting the fantastic download speed of 10mbs right now. But it’s Virgin Media, so you can’t expect your expensive fibre internet to actually work properly, can you?
So it’s a week heavy-ish on the writing, but we’ll see what happens with the work hours.
Remember kids, it’s only finger-wagging over your work-life balance if you’re choosing your hours, not your employers!